Contrary to common misconception, LTC Insurance reviews process doesn’t have to be a time-consuming activity where you have to meet and chat with numerous company reps. At LTC Key, we have invented an ingenious process so that our clients can do Long Term Care Insurance reviews fast and efficiently. Upon filling a simple request form on our website, we mail you rates from different providers in the market. This way, you get information that’s otherwise hard (and time-consuming) to get right in your inbox, and empower yourself to make a more informed choice.
What’s the spectrum of available Long Term Care services?
- Home health care – a nurse comes to your home and provides care. This care might be specialized such as physical therapy, but most of the times it’s just custodial care involving help with basic activities such as bathing, eating, dressing, moving, toileting and maintenance continence. Other common areas of help are housekeeping, shopping, meals preparation, etc. The top LTC policies in the market pay for all this.
- Adult day care – this is a day care situation that’s very common in spousal situations. In a number of cases, one spouse is suffering from Alzheimer’s, so their partner simply drops them at the day in the morning so they get a break to take care of some tasks, and picks them again in the afternoon.
- Senior housing – this is sort of striking a balance between living in an assisted living facility, and living independently. Senior housings are usually apartment complexes where the older person gets a housing unit that’s optimized for their needs. This means it might include features such as ramps, rails, etc. Social activities are also arranged, and transportation provided if needed.
- Assisted living facilities – for those who need a little more help than senior housing situations can facilitate, assisted living facilities might be a good idea. Staff members at such facilities often help residents take medications, execute daily activities of living (e.g. dressing, bathing, etc) and might even provide some basic medical care. There might also be on-site medical clinics, barber shops, beauty joints, and restaurant-like dining halls.
- Nursing homes – for most seniors, nursing homes are a measure of last resort. These facilities provide 24/7 nursing care usually for people who are recovering from an injury or illness, or just sadly waiting to pass away. Nursing homes offer closer medical care than other LTC options can provide. They might have services such as physical therapy, wound dressings, kidney dialysis machines, etc. Personal care such as eating, dressing and toileting is also provided in such facilities.
- Continuing care retirement community (CCRC) –these facilities are built to provide all care-levels in one location. There could be an independent living wing, an Alzheimer’s wing, etc.
Good questions asked – LTC Insurance reviews
Whenever one of your parents or close family members need Long Term Care, ask the following questions:
- Do they help with basic, daily activities such as eating, dressing and toileting?
- Do they need nursing care?
- Do they have a specific location, small facility or private room in mind where they might like to stay?
- Does their property of choice have a physical therapy or exercise room available?
- Does their property of choice have a common eatery or do people feed in their own private rooms?
- Will you be covering the costs of long term care out of your own pocket?
- Do you want to work with a facility that accepts Medicare or Medicaid patients?
- Does the facility you choose seem safe?
- Are the staff friendly?
- Do you find the temperature comfortable in the building?
- How’s the smell of the long term care facility?
- Do you find the residents cheerful and happy?
- What’s the ratio of residents to caregivers? Does there seem to be an adequate number of staff members?
- What do the individual rooms look like?
- Are there any curfews regarding when one should get up in the morning or go to bed at night?
- Are there any visiting restrictions for friends and family members?
Let’s face it, it’s pretty hard to find intelligent reviews for Long Term Care insurance. The bulk majority of Americans are not even aware that this type of insurance exists. And if they have heard of it, they have no idea what it covers, or why it’s important to their retirement planning. When comparing plans for LTC Insurance, or reading reviews, the goal is to identify companies that are reputable, trust-worthy. It’s important that you wade through the options to hand-pick that plan that’s ideal for you and your family. Of course, the process can be hectic, and that’s why we do the hard part on your behalf. But before we get to that, learn a few more things about Long Term Care Insurance reviews.
LTC Reviews – What do you need?
Long Term Care encompasses services offered in-home, at nursing homes, assisted living facilities, adult day care, and more. It also includes services related to activities of daily living such as dressing, eating, grooming, moving around and bathing. You may think get the misconception that your regular health insurer covers some of these costs, but they don’t. Both Medicare and regular health insurers classify these needs as ‘non-medical’, which means you don’t get a dime whether or not you’re unable to complete them due to an injury or illness. That’s why when shopping for long term care services; you need to narrow down to options that address all of your post-retirement needs.
Long Term Care Insurance reviews – cost of care
How do you pay for your post-retirement care needs? This is a common question that most Americans are grappling with. Depending on where you live, care costs could range from $50,000 to $125,000 annually. You definitely do not want to deplete your nest egg savings paying for such costs. Furthermore, you’d need to have a small fortune to be able to personally offset all these costs for years after retirement. Long Term Care Insurance is how you can ensure that your hard-earned life’s savings is safe and passed on to your next generation.
But navigating the murky waters of retirement planning can be complicated. Any good long term care insurance reviews would ideally compare the cost of care where you live with available policies. This helps you arrive at the most affordable premiums while factoring your financial status, healthy history, family situation, and more. At LTC Key, we help you get a quote straight from the carriers in the market. This way, you’ll easily be able to pick a policy that squarely matches your needs and situation.
Without prior planning, Long Term Care can be expensive and devastating to your savings. If you can afford the premiums, and have over $100,000 in liquid savings, LTC makes great sense. You simply pay a yearly premium, the insurance provider takes care of you when you eventually need Long Term Care.
Take the next step
Keep in mind that you need to be relatively healthy to qualify for long term care insurance. Thus, it helps to plan well in advance. If you take the time to procure home, auto and health insurance, buying a good LTC plan should make sense. And to look at it more realistically, chances that you’re going to need Long Term Care are higher than chances of a house fire, or car accident.
The LTC Key team works with almost all blue-chip carriers and happily providers you with side-by-side quotes so you can make the right decision. To get started, simply fill the form below.